This DIY Mother’s Day heart mug is easy enough for kids as young as toddlers and preschoolers to make as a gift for their mom. To make this craft as simple as possible for you, I shared some tips and tricks at the end of the post.
MORE MOTHER’S DAY CRAFTS FOR KIDS:
- 15 Mother’s Day handprint gifts for kids to make
- Monoprint heart cards
- 10 Mother’s Day flower crafts
DIY Mother’s Day heart mug
This post contains affiliate link
Step 1: Make a stencil from contact paper for the word MOM and replace O with a heart
Step 2: Stick the stencil to the mug
Step 3: Let your child paint the word MOM on the mug
Step 4: Remove the stencil and let the paint dry
Step 5: Use the black porcelaine marker to underline the word MOM
Step 6: 24 hours after your have finished your painting you can bake the plate in the oven according to the instructions on the porcelain paint bottle. This step will ensure that your plate is dishwasher safe.
Tips and tricks:
- Don’t use too much paint as it may drip
- Remove the stencil right away. Don’t wait for the paint to dry first. If you do, the paint will be peeled off with the stencil.
- If paint accidentally ends up on the mug (outside the stencil) you can remove it right away with a paper towel.
- Paint may get under the stencil making the edges of the word MOM look not smooth. No worries, you will cover them with the black marker.