Looking for a simple and fun way to celebrate the luckiest day of the year ? Here is a great list of St Patrick’s Day crafts for kids.
From colorful rainbows and silly leprechauns to beautiful shamrocks, you’ll sure find something to love and create.
I remember the first time I celebrated St Patrick’s Day. Back then I had no family and no kids. I was living in Brussels and my friend and I went out to a pub. We dressed up in green, listened to Irish music, watched Irish dances and drank beer.
St Patrick’s Day with kids is different. Though we still dress up in green and listen to Irish traditional music, the going out part has been replaced by crafting. There are so many beautiful crafts to go along with this holiday.
St Patrick’s Day crafts for kids
For more ideas, check out our entire collection of St Patrick’s Day crafts. We add new crafts every year.
St Patrick’s Day crafts for kids: rainbow crafts
- Handprint rainbow butterfly – Upcycle a paper tube into a beautiful butterfly with rainbow wings
- Rainbow necklace – Include different shape buttons for a interesting look
- Painted stone rainbow – If your kid likes to collect rocks, this is such a fun and easy project for them
- Rainbow wind sock from plastic milk jug – This is a make and play craft for kids
- Paper plate rainbow – Those clouds are adorable and are included in the free template
- Paper plate rainbow with clouds – Use cotton balls or white pom poms for the clouds
- I am lucky headband – Kids get a chance to color the headband and write three reasons they are lucky
- Watermelon rind rainbow print – A fun project before the watermelon rinds get tossed in the organics bin
- Paper plate rainbow garden – Use flower and butterfly stickers to make this beautiful garden craft
- Pom pom rainbow collage – The different size pom poms make this rainbow look amazing
- Cereal rainbow craft – Sometime it’s good to play with your food
- Tissue paper rainbow shamrock – You can use the shamrock as a sun catcher
- Rainbow suncatcher – Make this suncatcher whenever you need some color in your day, not only for St Patrick’s Day
- Tissue paper rainbow suncatcher – A simple rainbow for toddlers and preschoolers
- Paper plate rainbow – Great project for fine motor skills
- Pasta rainbow mobile – What other type of pasta would you use?
- Celery stamping rainbow fish craft – Painting with different veggies can be so fun!
- Paper plate St Patrick’s Day wreath – Paint a paper plate into the rainbow colors and turn it into a St Patrick wreath
- Paper plate loom rainbow yarn art – Turn this yarn art into a necklace
- Rainbow bead bracelets – You can’t have too many bracelets!
- Rainbow shaving cream marbled art – Have your kids ever tried using shaving cream for their crafts?
- 3D over the rainbow – I like the 3D effect of this rainbow
- Threading a rainbow on pipe cleaners – A great project for preschoolers
- Weaving rainbow fish craft – An eye hand coordination project for little kids
- Paper plate rainbow craft – Another rainbow that uses buttons
- Rainbow Peg People – Matching rainbow and people color can be a fun game for little ones
- Painting rainbows with Q-tips – Try painting with a Q-tip bundle, too
- Rainbow cardboard tube craft – What a nice way to upcycle the towel paper tubes!
St Patrick’s Day crafts for kids: leprechaun crafts
- Shape leprechaun – Kids can review their shapes while creating this leprechaun craft
- Paper plate leprechaun beard – Threading and cutting yarn are great fine motor skill activities for kids
- Paper leprechaun – A leprechaun craft made only with paper
- Paper roll leprechaun – Kids love handprint crafts
- Clay pot leprechaun hat – You can replace the clay pot with a paper cup
- Paper plate and handprint leprechaun mask – Masks are so much fun!
- King of the leprechauns – I love everything about this leprechaun king: the crown, the beard, the smile…
- Leprechaun paper bag puppet – A fun project for the classroom
- Popsicle stick leprechaun magnet – Use it as a fridge decoration for St Patrick’s Day
- Leprechaun with a yarn beard – How cute is the beard!
- Leprechaun envelope puppet – Tearing paper into small pieces is a great activity for preschoolers
- Paper leprechaun craft – The paper strip beard looks fantastic
- Leprechaun with a fork print beard – Have you ever tried fork painting? Kids love it
- Puffy paint leprechaun craft – Include puffy paint with your crafts and kids will ask for more
- Leprechaun binoculars – Paper rolls can be easily turned into binoculars
- Paper roll leprechaun hat – A super easy paper roll craft for St Patrick
- Leprechaun peg people – Incorporate these leprechaun peg people into a St Patrick’s Day play pretend
- Paper leprechaun beard – If you host a St Patrick’s Day party make sure to make a beard like this
- Leprechaun hat from aluminum foil tart pan – If you don’t have a foil tart pan at hand, you can replace it with a paper bowl
- Winking paper plate leprechaun – What a fun way to make the beard
- Leprechaun stick puppet – A simple puppet to play with
- Leprechaun mini top hat – Make and wear it
- Paper leprechaun hat with rainbow – A simple and fun St Patrick’s Day decoration
- Leprechaun hat popsicle stick puzzle – It only takes a few minutes to make this puzzle for your kids
- Leprechaun footprint – I make these footprints every St Patrick’s Day after the leprechaun visits, and my kids don’t get tired of seeing them
- Leprechaun in pot of gold – Oh, no! The leprechaun fell into the pot of gold
- Leprechaun with kid’s face – Personalize the leprechaun craft with your kid’s face
- Craft stick leprechaun hat – Another way to use craft sticks for a St Patrick craft
St Patrick’s Day crafts for kids: shamrock crafts
- Paper plate shamrock unicorn – Kids who are into unicorns will love this St Patrick version
- Monoprint four leaf clover – Monoprinting is a fun technique to use
- Shamrock pal finger puppet – A simple finger puppet to play with
- Paper plate clover – A paper plate and tissue paper craft
- Stained glass clover craft – What a fun window decoration!
- Shamrock man – Decorate the classroom with several shamrock men
- Coffee filter shamrock – Got a coffee filter? Then you can easily make a cool shamrock
- Handprint clover art – Handprint crafts are so much fun!
- Shamrock love plant – Make several such plants and give them to family members and friends
- Marshmallow shamrock stamping – Use marshmallow for stamping shamrocks
- Plastic water bottle clover cards – Even plastic bottles can be used to make shamrocks!
- Paper plate shamrock hat – These hats are so easy to make!
- Eraser-stamped St Patrick’s Day t-shirt – Too easy not to make!
- Shamrock leprechaun craft – Make a leprechaun from a shamrock
- Shamrock mason jars – These jars are great to decorate with
- Shamrock potato stamping -You can make cute little cards with these stamps
- Shamrock suncatcher – Combine shamrocks and rainbow to make a colorful suncatcher
- Paper roll shamrock men – What a darling craft for preschoolers
- Watercolor clover cards – These cards are so adorable
- Clover lacing card – Great for working on the fine motor skills
- Shamrock wand – A magical wand for a magical day
- Shamrock pepper print – Bell pepper is yet another veggie you can use to make shamrocks
- Beaded shamrocks – A perfect little shamrock
- Crepe paper shamrock – A more time consuming craft but so worth it