Because we made this adorable shape Santa, I thought it would be a good idea to make an elf version, too. So here we have a shape elf craft – a great Christmas craft for preschoolers, kindergartners and all kids who need to review their shapes. A math craft is a nice way to combine creativity with shape learning.
You can use this craft with your students in the classroom for a shape unit or a math center or at home with your kids.
Here are the shapes kids will create with:
- HEAD: circle, square, triangle, rectangle, oval, hexagon
- EARS: rhombus, oval
- HAT POM POM: circle, hexagon
- HAT: triangle
- HAT BRIM: rectangle
- COLLAR: triangle
Shape elf craft
- Shape elf template
- Cardstock paper (white, red, green and beige or brown)
- Black marker
HOW TO MAKE A SHAPE Elf CRAFT
The shape elf template comes with two versions:
1. home template – cut out the patterns and trace them on corresponding colored paper.
2. classroom template – print the pattern directly on colored paper and cut them out.
This way you can easily craft with just one or two kids as well as with a classroom full of students.
STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS FOR HOME CRAFTING
Print out the home template, cut out the patterns and trace them on corresponding colored paper.
Glue the hat onto the head
Glue the brim at the bottom of the hat.
Glue the pom pom to the top of the hat.
Glue the ears onto the head, one ear on each side.
Glue the eyes under the hat.
Glue 3 green triangle at the bottom of the head to form the collar.
Use a black marker to draw the mouth.