You need to have kids to understand why parents LOVE practical gifts.
Many things change after having kids and I’m not referring to our emotional and social life but our perspectives. Some moms switch to natural products, for instance. I used to buy colorful candy for my nieces before becoming a parent. I thought they would love them and I believe they did, but I know better now and make healthier choices.
Check out top 5 lists of gifts for kids
Somehow the attitude towards gifts for kids doesn’t seem to get much altered once we become parents and this remains a mystery to me. I hear many people complain about the amount of toys their kids receive for birthday or Christmas but when it is their turn to buy gifts for their kids’ friends, most choose the easy way out: toys. I know that time is precious and it’s easy to head to the toy aisle, grab a toy and wrap it up but finding alternatives may not be as difficult and time consuming as some might think.
Here is a bunch of practical gifts for toddlers and hopefully you’ll use some of these ideas next time your little one gets invited to a birthday party.
This post contains affiliate links
1. Life Jacket – It’s made of durable nylon and is Coast Guard approved. The life jacket fits comfortably over the child’s chest, with arm pieces that offer excellent stability and free range of motion in the water.
2. Sunglasses – These are the most stylish child-sized aviator sunglasses for adventurous and fashionable tots. If a child’s Babiators are lost or broken in the first year, they will replace them!
3. Summer Hat
4. Safe Sunscreen – This sunscreen is highly effective, falls into the highest category for water resistance and is free of biologically harmful chemicals.
5. Rain Coat – Such a sweet design! It comes in several colors.
6. Rain Boots – find a list of may favorite 5 rain boots for kids: stylish and affordable.
7. The Very Hungry Caterpillar Kids Umbrella. – This umbrella has a unisex design that works well for both boys and girls. Kids can easily open and close it and they can see through it while walking in the rain.
BATH TIME gifts
8. Bubble Bath – I’ve been using it for almost 4 years and love it because it is natural and gentle on our kids’ skin, makes plenty of bubbles, it’s created by a mom and made in the US. It is a bit pricey but worth every pennies. I’ve tried several aromas and they all smell very good. The Honest Company Bubble Bath is another good natural choice.
9. Baby Lotion – I’ve been using it since my oldest was a baby and I can’t say enough good words about it: natural, great smells, not greasy or sticky.
10. Hooded Towel – The towel and hood are made from 100% absorbent cotton terry and each hood design is made of extra soft plush polyester. Cute designs!
11. Oral Care Kit – This five piece kit can be used from infant to toddler. It promotes healthy oral hygiene care and makes brushing so much fun!
GOOD EATER gifts
12. Personalized Plates. – Kids will be encourage to eat everything on their plates so they can get to the darling designs and see their names on the plates. There are several companies that create personalized plates for kids but two definitely stand out by design and personalization choices: Sarah + Abraham, DylBug .
13. Handmade Silverware by RadArta Design. Spoons and forks can be personalized with your kids’ name and favorite characters as well as any other details like: your child loves cats or owns a dog or dreams of becoming an astronaut….You can also send a photo of your child to have his/her face on the silverware!
14. Coloring Placemats. Modern-Twist produces the coolest kids coloring placemats ever! Made from silky food-grade, hand silk-screened silicone, these mats won’t crease or rip and they feel incredibly soft to the touch.
15. Giant Bib – Adorable designs and made of 100% organic cotton.
16. Booster Seat – This booster seat features a durable and easy to clean low density foam construction. The adjustable straps on bottom attach to most chairs and a three point harness helps keep toddlers seated comfortably at the dinner table.
GOOD SLEEPER gifts
18. Sleep Nest – This is a quilted wearable duvet blanket designed in a comforting cocoon-like shape to help kids feel cozy and secure. Winner of the 2011 Red Tricycle and Creative Child Awards.
19. Snow Boots -You can’t get more stylish than this!
20. Hat and Mitten Set. – A child can’t have enough winter hats and mittens, they get wet or lost and a new set will always be appreciated.
Related: Practical Gifts for Babies