Non-candy Halloween treats that are fun for kids without adding any extra sugar to their diet. The best candy alternative Halloween treats. They make great classroom Halloween treat ideas and kids will love them.
Kids certainly look forward to the candy season (aka Halloween) but their parents may be taken back by the abundance of sweets children will bring home.
After all, there is only so much candy they can eat. Some may even be concerned about health issues. What about kids with food allergies, for instance?
Obviously nobody wants to be that house to hand out toothbrushes but kids will love these non-candy Halloween treats. Bubbles, Lego, glow sticks, games, playdough, slime, vampire teeth, finger puppet rings, bugs, spider soap, funny pencils, beads and strings – what’s there not to like?
You will also find some healthy ideas, like oranges, but for more suggestions you can also check out this collection of 13 healthy Halloween treats.
Most of these DIY alternative non-candy Halloween treat ideas on the list come with free printable and instructions.
Some are 100% handmade Halloween treats, like the glow in the dark slime, while other require buying a few supplies and printing out labels.
UPDATE 2017: The list contains now 27 Halloween treat ideas.
Non-Candy Halloween Treats for Kids
1. Glow Stick Brooms – via Northstory
2. Beads and Strings – via Seeking Shade
3. Pumpkin Spice Slime – via A Pumpkin & a Princess
4. Boo-bbles – via Tatertots & Jello
5. Vampire Teeth – via Polkadot Chair
6. A Bit of Light Sticks – via Ladybug’s Teacher Files
7. Squeeze Pouch – via Jen A. Street
8. Spider Soap – via Milk and Cuddles
9. Play-Doh Halloween Bags – via Create Celebrate Explore
10. Halloween Concentration Game – via Saltwater Kids
11. Glow in the Dark Slime – via Learn Play Imagine
12. Lego Pumpkin – via Repeat Crafter Me
13. Pumpkin Pencil Topper – via Roots & Wings Co.
14. Halloween Monster Pencils – via The 36th Avenue
15. Googly eye finger puppet rings – via Persia Lou
16. Halloween Playdough – via One Krieger Chick
17. Halloween Bug in a Jar – via Embellishing Life Everyday
18. Halloween Lip Balm Labels – via 30 Handmade Days
19. Halloween Pumpkins – via Crafts Unleashed
20. Finger Bubbles – via Eighteen 25
21. GoGo SqueeZ Mummy Pouches – via The Nerd’s Wife
22. Scare Doh – via Spaceships and Laser Beams
23. Pumpkin Treat Pouch – via Confessions of an Overworked Mom
24. You Light Up My Halloween Printable – via 30 Handmade Days
25. Frankenstein Apple Treats – via Non Toy Gifts
26. Monster Felt Pencil Toppers – via Red Ted Art
27. Glitter Slime Monsters – via The 36th Avenue
What will be you handing out this Halloween?
- Glow Stick Brooms
- Beads and Strings
- Pumpkin Spice Slime
- Vampire Teeth
- A Bit of Light Sticks
- Squeeze Pouch
- Spider Soap
- Play-Doh Halloween Bags
- Halloween Concentration Game
- Glow in the Dark Slime
- Lego Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Pencil Topper
- Halloween Monster Pencils
- Googly eye finger puppet rings
- Halloween Playdough
- Halloween Bug in a Jar
- Halloween Lip Balm
- Halloween Pumpkins
- Finger Bubbles
- GoGo SqueeZ Mummy Pouches
- Scare Doh
- Pumpkin Treat Pouch
- You Light Up My Halloween
- Frankenstein Apple Treats
- Monster Felt Pencil Toppers
- Glitter Slime Monsters
More Halloween fun activities for kids
- Not a big fan of carving pumpkins? Take a look at these 25 painted pumpkins for kids.
- Check out 21 ways for kids to decorate pumpkins without carving.