I like to gather handmade Valentine ideas every year to use for my boys. While I’m a big fan of non-candy Valentine treats, I also like cards that are easy enough for kids to create. So today I’m sharing a collection of Valentine cards kids can make.
There are so many really cute ideas for kids of all ages. From heart and flower cards to handprint and footprint cards. There is something for everyone. A toddler will like to create fingerprint hearts, a preschooler will enjoy a suncatcher card, a kindergartner can try his/her first origami project and older kids will have plenty of other choices.
My youngest is into Star Wars these days so I know that for him I’ll have to check out this collection of Star Wars Valentines (30 free printables).
Valentine cards – Valentine’s Day heart cards
- Valentine heart bee and ladybug cards – one template for two cards
- Marbled heart card -inspired by the book: ” The Day It Rained Hearts”
- Paper quilling heart card – a basic quilling project for kids
- Heart pop-up Valentine card – this is an amazing looking card
- Puzzle heart card – I’ll always be a piece of your heart!
- Origami heart card – a simple origami project for kids
- Lift-the-flap Valentine chocolates card – lift the flap to reveal secret messages from the your kid
- Heart hot air balloon card – love is in the air!
- Heart-shaped ladybug card – it’s all about hearts : big and small
- Paper quilling heart card – a nice bouquet of heart flowers
- Heart notebook – it come with a free printable
- Monoprint heart cards – Such a fun technique to make cards
- Heart bouquet card – Scribble each heart for a more personal touch
- I love you to pieces card – a card and a heart suncatcher
- Pop-up heart card – decorate with shiny stickers
- Squishy heart card – You make my heart squishy!
- Folded heart notes – Fold a heart into a cute and tiny envelope
- Heart and flower card – The flower is made from hearts too
- Thumbprint heart card – an easy card idea for young kids
- 3D heart cards – I like the 3D effect
- Heart collage card – I love you to pieces!
- Birch tree card – turn your kid’s art project into a card
Valentine cards: Handprint and footprint cards
- I Love You hand card – colorful and beautiful
- 3D heart and handprint card – write a short message on the heart inside
- I Hand You My Heart handprint card – it comes with a printable
- Kissing hand pop card – inspired by The Kissing Hand book
- I Love You To Pieces handprint card – it has a little hidden suncatcher heart
- Love bug handprint card – personalize it with your kid’s photo
- Footprint bee card – what a darling card
- Footprint race car Valentine – You have my heart race!
- Bee Mine Valentine card – another version of the footprint bee card
Valentine cards – Valentine’s Day flower cards
- Dear Valentine, you make me grow card – add a heart-shaped candy for a sweeter effect
- Tulip card – tulip template available
- Heart bouquet cards – these cards look amazing
- Crumbled paper flower card – make the flowers with circles
- Mini vase cards – real flower cards
- Heart flower cards – heart template available