Paper plate crafts are so much fun! You can take a look at our favorite ones here. Winter offers a lot of crafting ideas, from snowflakes and snowmen to penguins, polar bears and more winter animals. I put together some fun paper plate winter crafts for your kids to make while cooped inside during these long cold days.
These ideas are great to use as classroom crafts, too, for preschoolers or older kids.
For more craft ideas, check out our collection of 100+ easy crafts for kids. They are organized by season and holiday for an easy browsing experience.
Paper plate winter crafts
Any of the crafts listed below go along great with a winter study. The penguins, polar bears and the Arctic fox are also a good match for an Arctic animal study.
Paper plate winter crafts: snowflake
- Paper plate snowflakes – easy craft for toddlers
- No mess paper plate snowflakes – A freezer bag will make this craft great even for a baby
- Paper plate snowflake yarn art – great for beginning sewing and fine motor skills
- Snowflake paper plate twirler – a beautiful winter decoration
Paper plate winter crafts: snowman
- Paper plate snowman – glitter makes any craft better looking
- Snowman garland – A nice snowman display for the classroom
- Paper plate snowman twirler – a cute winter decoration
- Snowman wreath – hang it on the door, window or wall
Paper plate winter crafts: penguin
- Paper plate yarn weaving penguin – a good craft to practice fine motor skills
- Waddling penguins – these two guys are too cute
- Easy paper plate penguin – as easy as a paper penguin can be
- Paper plate penguin – the bow tie is such a fine accessory
- Rocking paper plate penguins – printable template available
- Wobbly penguins – make two penguins from one paper plate
- Penguin snowglobe – fun sensory craft
- Movable penguins – help the penguins move across the snow
- Paper plate penguin wreath – easy winter decoration
Paper plate winter crafts: polar bear
- Rocking polar bear – isn’t this the cutest polar bear ever?
- Paper plate polar bear – crafting with cotton balls is so fun
- Polar bear craft – use two paper plates to make this cute polar bear
- Paper plate polar bear mask – simple toddler winter activity
More paper plate winter crafts
- Arctic fox – another animal to add to your collection of Arctic animals
- Animal hibernation craft – learn about what animals do in winter
- Ice skate craft – personalize with your child’s face
- Hedgehog hibernation craft – inspired by the book One Snowy Night