A darling DIY pancake kit for kids that little bakers will love
Who doesn’t love pancakes, right? This is what I thought, too. That’s why I created this adorable pancake kit as a birthday gift for my friends’s daughter.
This post contains affiliate links
Just like the cupcake kit, this gift is also inspired by a book. This time it’s an Eric Carle book: Pancakes. Pancakes! It is the story of a little boy who wants a big pancake for breakfast. But first, he has to help his mom get all the ingredients. To make pancakes, his mom needs flour from the mill, an egg from the hen, milk from the cow, butter churned from fresh cream, and firewood for the stove. A nice story that teaches kids where our food comes from.
Make your own DIY pancake kit for kids
- kids apron
- kitchen tools: whisk and spatula
- pancake molds. The ones that I got are made from silicone, so they are non-stick and dishwasher-safe.
- maple syrup. I think this maple leaf bottle looks absolutely adorable and is perfect for including in a gift.
Once you have all your items ready, place them in a nice little box. I used a wooden box that I got from Michael’s but any box will do.
MORE DIY GIFTS FOR KIDS
- If your kid is interested in science, you may want to take a look at top 11 DIY science kits
- A DIY baking kit is the perfect gift for a little baker who likes to help you in the kitchen
- There is nothing easier and more fun than putting together a DIY nature kit
- Make any of these 10 DIY detective kits for a child who enjoys mysteries