Painting pumpkins are a great alternative to the carved ones: no mess and no sharp tools, so even young kids can take part in the creation process. So, we put together an impressive list of painted pumpkins for kids. Scroll down and choose your favorite. It may be your child’s favorite character or a cute glow in the dark monster, or a yummy looking donut.
After moving to the States I was looking forward to carving pumpkins for Halloween and when I finally did it I loved how they looked lit up at night but didn’t expect them to collapse so quickly. This is something that will never happen when you paint them.
I started painting pumpkins 3 years ago and my only regret is having to wait a whole other year to do it again.
If you’re like me and LOVE painted pumpkins or just thinking of giving it a try for the first time, I’m here to offer a bit of inspiration: 25 painted pumpkins that both you and your children will love. Besides painting, some also require adding additional elements, like bows, felt or googly eyes, nothing difficult. If you’re new to it, you can start by reading this tutorial on how to paint pumpkins.
If you want to take pumpkin decorating to the next level, make sure to check out these 21 no-carve pumpkins for kids.
Have fun painting pumpkins!
Painted pumpkins for kids
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar – via Elizabeth
- The 5 Superheros -via Delicious by Dre
- Minnie Mouse – via Disney Baby
- Snoopy – via Meaningful Menagerie
- Neon Mustache Monsters – via Club Chica Circle
- Owl – via Lisa Groon
- Thomas the Train – via Jen Johnson
- Nemo – via Modern Mouse Radio
- Spongebob – via Poca Cosa
- Mike and Sully from Monster, Inc. – via Dianne
- Ladybug – via Gingham & RicRac
- Pete the Cat – via Think Magnet Kids
- Micky Mouse – via Punk Bouncer
- Donuts – via Studio DIY
- Angry Birds – via Creations by Kara
- Frankenstein – via My Little Slice of Bliss
- Raggedy Ann – via Becky Hunter
- Minions – via Crafty Morning
- Ninja – via Frugal Fun 4 Boys
- Snowman – via Tales of the Scotts
- Curious George and the Man with the Yellow Hat – via Non Toy Gifts