This witch name craft is not only fun but it will also help kids practice spelling and writing their name. It is a perfect Halloween craft and activity for preschoolers and kindergartners.
I remember how excited made me see my kids come home from preschool with little pieces of paper where they would practiced writing their names. It is such a big milestone for little ones. They were so proud of themselves and so was I.
Of course you can skip the name writing and just leave the leg stripes blank. It is up to you. The craft will look great either way. But if you decide to have your child write her / his name , here are some name writing options:
- Write your first name on one leg and your last name on the second leg.
- Write your first name on one leg and use blank stripes on the other leg.
- Write your first name on one leg and your middle name on the second leg.
For more Halloween educational crafts and activities for preschoolers, here are a few of our favorites:
Witch name craft
- Witch name template
- Cardstock paper: black, orange, purple
- Black marker
HOW TO MAKE A witch name CRAFT
The witch name template comes with two versions:
1. home template – cut out the patterns and trace them on corresponding colored paper.
2. classroom template – print the pattern directly on colored paper and cut them out.
This way you can easily craft with just one or two kids as well as with a classroom full of students.
STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS FOR HOME CRAFTING
Print the home template, cut out the patterns and trace them on corresponding colored paper.
There are two size stripes for the legs.
Start by gluing the legs under the skirt.
Glue the shoes at the bottom of the legs.
Use a black marker to write your name on the purple stripes (one letter per stripe) and glue the stripes onto the legs.