Whether you’re looking for a simple and fun spring crat idea or try to encourage your kid to eat their vegetables, you will love these 20 veggie crafts .
Use different supplies, from paper and paper plates to felt and rocks to create some common veggies that kids will recognize and love or introduce them to new veggies they are not familiar with yet. Plenty of choices, from carrots and corn to eggplant and bell pepper.
Learn how to make a vegetable craft and enjoy spending time teaching your little ones about veggies. Explain why they are important to out diet, what they need to grow or what part of the plant we eat.
May isn’t over yet and we ate the first veggies from my garden this past weekend. I can’t tell you how excited I was to harvest radishes. First year I plant seeds so early in the season. It was only after reading a book about gardening that I learned some seeds can be planted before the last frosting. And this is awesome when you live in a state like Minnesota.
Now, let’s get back to our vegetable craft ideas and get busy.
20 Veggie crafts
- What grows in the garden? – this garden spinner is a great way to learn about how plants grow and what they need to grow
- A paper plate veggie garden where you can plant and harvest carrots, onions and beets.
- Another paper plate garden but this time only with carrots
- Carrots are popular veggies among kids so I’m sure this carrot family will put a smile on everyone’s faces.
- This corn craft is a great preschooler craft
- Turn your kid’s handprint into a carrot patch craft
- Have you ever tried painting with bubble wrap? Use green paint to make broccoli.
- Super easy paper veggies – what other veggies would you add?
- Make a felt garden for all sorts of root veggies
- These footprint carrots are too cute!
- A fingerprint corn to make in the classroom or at home.
- Learn how to make garden markers by painting stones.
- A color and craft option to make peas in a pod.
- Use craft sticks for these simple carrot craft.
- I love the 3D effect of these bell peppers!
- A more elaborated veggie garden made entirely from paper.
- This paper weaving corn is a great way for kids to practice their fine motor skills.
- Kids can play grocery store with these veggie rocks.
- A big pea in the pod craft for little hands.
- Plenty of veggie ideas to make as 3D.