Those who appreciate a handmade gift, will love the present even more when it comes from a child. Your child! I compiled a list of amazing gift ideas that your little one can make this Christmas for grandparents, a special aunt or uncle, a dear friend or neighbor and their teacher. I looked for gifts that are easy so that kids as young as toddlers and preschoolers can create. Older kids will also find a lot of fun ideas that will appeal to them.
If you’re looking for more gifts kids can make, check out these 23 ways to turn kids’ artwork into gifts. These ideas are particularly great for really young kids who may not have the patience to help you with DIY Christmas gifts for grandma or grandpa. But you can use any of their drawings to turn them into a cute handmade gift.
You may also like these 90 Christmas ornaments kids can make. Many of them can actually be used as gifts for the family or teachers.
24 Gifts Kids Can Make
So let’s get started with some of the best gift ideas I could find online at the moment.
This post contains affiliate links
- Use an old clay pot and pony beads to make colorful garden wind chimes – via Sugar Spice and Glitter
- Bumble bee and butterfly footprint towels – all you need is a couple of dish towels and craft paint – via Creative Green Living
- Lanterns that display your kid’ art – via Herz-Allerliebst
- A peppermint sugar scrub that only requires 3 ingredients. Gift it in these adorable little glass jars that come with tags and twine ribbons – via Emma Owl
- A fun hand print jar gift to be used for storing pens, pencils or change – via Fun-a-Day
- Turn white mugs into beautiful robin thumbprint mugs – via Mum in the Madhouse
- A hand print apron that grandma will love. Start with a handmade apron or get one like this – via Simple Kierste
- The secret to make these beautiful dish towels is to use contact paper for the stencils – via I Can Teach My Child
- Make wooden bead bracelets with colored beads or start with natural beads that you get to color yourself – via Rhythms of Play
- Painted votives – Each side of the square votive candle handlers can be painted in a different color or make the same design on all four sides – it’s up to the artist – via Rhythms of Play
- Start with a canvas and a marker. You can also add scrap paper. These family portraits are so much fun – via Non Toy Gifts
- Painted ceramics with trains – What a fantastic idea for boys who love their trains. Look for a paint-your-own-pottery next to your place and let your little one pick a plate, mug or anything else they may like- via Play Trains
- This fingerprint photo frame is a perfect Christmas gift for young kids to make. Use number or letter cookie stamp to write the year or the child’s name on the frame. – via Teach-Me-Mommy
- Make fridge magnets out of your child’ artwork. The trick is to print the art onto inkjet shrink plastic – via Craft Me Happy!
- A hand print bowl is the place for holding keys or earrings – via Messy Little Monster
- These woven art pieces are incredible beautiful. You can use a pom-pom maker to add a special touch to the wall art. – via Art Bar
- Start with a glycerin bar soap that kids can turn into adorable little soap shaped like apple, butterfly or whatever else they may prefer – via Gift of Curiosity
- Make a fingerprint keychain from sculpey clay – via A Girl and a Glue Gun
- Polymer clay jewelry that every mom, auntie or grandma would love to receive. Mix sculpey clay of different colors and shape them into beads – via Babble Dabble Do
- These watercolor bookmarks look so beautiful that it’s almost a shame to keep them hidden in a book – via Let’s Explore
- Colorful bowls made from perler beads – via Meaningful Mama
- Kids can help make an original fabric with just gel glue and fabric paint and mom can turn the fabric into beautiful pillowcases – via Meri Cherry
- You’ll only need mugs and ceramic paint pens to make personalized mugs – via Two Shades of Pink
- You won’t believe how easy these colorful picture frames are to make and what they used to create the tiles – via Pink Stripey Socks