These Cat in the Hat crafts are great Dr Seuss activities for preschoolers, kindergartners and older kids to make in the classroom or at home with mom or dad.
Make them part of your Dr Seuss arts and crafts and give them a try in March or any other day of the year.
If you are going to celebrate Dr Seuss birthday on March 2nd and plan on reading some of his books to your kids, make sure to include one or more of these fun crafts. I put together a list of 24 kid crafts inspired by one of our favorite books: The Cat in the Hat.
All these Dr Seuss craft ideas are super cute and great for kids of all ages.
They will get a chance to create many Cat and the Hat crafts but also Thing 1 and Thing 2 as well as the fish.
If you are a teacher, you can use these Cat in the Hat craft ideas in your classroom. My kindergartner read books and made a new craft every day of their Dr Seuss week. One day he even came home with our The Lorax.
For more Dr Seuss Day ways to celebrate, check out all these 20 Lorax crafts.
- Make the Cat in the Hat with paper roll
- Experiment blow painting and create crazy hair for Thing 1 and Thing 2
- Grab a paper plate for a fun Cat in the Hat craft
- The beautiful red and white patterned hat made with craft sticks
- Adorable handprints turned into Thing 1 and Thing 2
- Use cupcake liner for a fun Cat in the Hat craft
- Craft stick Thing 1 and Thing 2 that make great bookmarks or puppets
- A colorful Thing 1 and Thing 2 handprint that kids will love
- Decorate your backyard with Thing 1 and Thing 2 windsocks
- Use the fork painting technique for this paper plate Cat in Hat craft
- This yarn wrapped Cat in the Hat hat is too cute
- Make Dr Seuss fish and Cat in the Hat handprints
- More Thing 1 and Thing 2 handprints on red paper
- Take some silly photos with Cat in the Hat whisker
- A fun Cat in the Hat fingerprint paint project
- Recycle milk carton into Thing 1 and Thing 2 planters
- Place Thing 1 and Thing 2 where they belong: in the box
- These paper roll Thing 1 and Thing 2 are a great scissors cutting craft for kids
- What a darling Cat in the Hat keepsake
- Kids will so much fun playing with these Cat in the Hat pop-ups
- Use craft sticks to create a bunch of Thing 1 and Thing 2 puppets
- Make a stackable egg carton Cat in the Hat hat
- Play with these Thing 1 and Thing 2 glove puppets
- Combine a clothespin and some pasta for a cute Cat in the Hat craft
More The Cat in the Hat crafts: