Because I have created quite a few paper plate crafts with my kids throughout the years, I thought of putting them all together in a big collection. From paper plate Christmas ideas to paper plate crafts for Easter, we have them all under one roof now.
They are all easy craft ideas, most of them perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners and older kids. Some even work great for toddlers.
If your kids like to craft with paper plates, grab a few, some paint, maybe yarn and let’s get crafting.
Paper plate crafts for kids
This post contains affiliate links
To create these paper plate crafts for kids, you will need:
Check out every tutorial for a list of supplies specific to that craft.
To make it easier for you to navigate this big collection of crafts from paper plates, I organized it per season and holiday. This way you can easily look for your favorites. Once you find them, make sure to click on the photos or titles to check out the tutorials.
paper plate seasonal crafts
Let’s start first with some paper plate crafts grouped per season. Find beautiful spring, summer, fall and winter paper plate crafts kids can make.
Paper plate spring crafts
- Paper plate veggie garden. If you want to get your kids excited about gardening or try to convert some picky eaters you may have in your family, this garden craft will get little ones the opportunity to plant and harvest some root vegetables without getting dirty.
- Paper plate carrot garden. This is a variation of the veggie garden above. The dirt is made not with yarn but another paper plate cut in half. This garden is specifically designed for carrots, though you can replace them with other vegetables.
- Paper plate rain cloud craft. A beautiful craft to go along with the April showers or weather study unit.
- Paper plate rainbow craft. Skip the rain from the previous craft and let’s just focus only on the rainbow part. And some happy clouds.
- Paper plate flower garden craft. One of my favorite spring moment is when I start working on my flower garden. After months of being covered in snow, seeing the green grass and colorful flowers grow makes me so happy.
- Paper plate ladybugs. My kids love ladybugs and these paper plate ones are so easy to make.
- Paper plate bees. You can add wings to these adorable bees or keep them super simple for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Paper plate bunny. We love seeing bunnies hoping around our house all the time, especially now that I discovered how to keep them away from my flower and veggie garden. Spring is the special time we get to see also baby bunnies.
paper plate summer crafts
- Paper plate campfire craft. This one is for kids who love campfires and s’mores and I haven’t met one kid so far who isn’t a big fan of both.
- Paper plate camping craft. One of our favorite summer activities is going camping. This is an interactive craft made out of two paper plates and a free template.
- Paper plate ocean craft. Summer time and beach go hand in hand. So we have created an interactive craft where a seahorse, a fish, a whale and a star fish can swim in the ocean.
- Paper plate jellyfish craft. Let’s add more ocean creatures. These colorful jellyfish are a nice addition.
- Paper plate flowers. Such an easy flower craft idea for preschoolers who will paint and cut a paper plate into petals.
- Paper plate boat craft. It’s not only the ocean animals that can enjoy the waves. Let’s craft a boat and let it float on the yarn water.
- Paper plate birdhouse craft. An interactive craft with a little bird who fly towards its birdhouse.
Paper plate fall crafts
- Paper plate color changing leaf craft. See how leaves change colors in the fall with this four-color interactive craft.
- Paper plate yarn weaving apple craft. This is my favorite apple craft we have made throughout the years. Doesn’t it look stunning?
- Paper plate apple core craft. Another way to craft an apple core with a paper plate and yarn.
- Paper plate apple craft. This is a very simple paper plate apple version for toddlers. Just glue white and red pom poms on the paper plate.
Paper plate apple tree craft. All these apples need an apple tree. And this one is fun to make with yarn and plastic beads.
paper plate winter crafts
Paper plate penguin. What a cute little fellow! Use our free template to make it.
paper plate holiday crafts
It’s time now to move on to paper plate crafts kids can make for each holidays, from Valentines’ Day to Christmas.
Paper plate valentine crafts
- Paper plate hearts. These Valentine hearts are made with yarn and plastic beads.
- Paper plate heart craft. Another variation of the Valentine hearts made with paper strips.
- Paper plate heart penguin. This is a special penguin, with a big red heart, specially created for Valentines.
- Paper plate Valentine unicorn. If you have a little girl who’s into unicorns, she will love this Valentine idea.
Paper plate cactus wreath. Decorate for Valentine’s Day with a cute cactus wreath.
Dr Seuss paper plate crafts
Paper plate Lorax. Lorax is such a fun Dr Seuss character to make.
st. Patrick’s day paper plate crafts
- St Patrick paper plate wreath. Decorate for St Patrick’s Day with a rainbow wreath.
- Paper plate leprechaun beard. Kids can practice their scissors cutting skills and trim the leprechaun’s beard.
- Paper plate St Patrick unicorn. Add mini shamrocks to a unicorn to give it a St Patrick’s Day look.
paper plate easter crafts
Paper plate cross craft. A simple Easter religious craft.
Paper plate bunny unicorn. Turn a couple of paper plates into cute sleepy eye unicorns. If you’re not looking for more ideas, please scroll up to the spring crafts for more bunnies.
earth day paper plate crafts
- Paper plate Earth. Make the continents and the oceans with green and blue painted cotton balls.
- Paper plate Earth heart craft. Show how much you love Earth with this adorable craft.
- Paper plate and button Earth. A simple Earth craft for preschoolers.
- Paper plate and yarn Earth. Sew the continents on a blue paper plate.
Easy paper plate Earth craft. If your kid is too young to sew the continents, encourage her to glue bits of yarn onto a plate.
mother’s day paper plate crafts
- Paper plate Mother’s Day wreath. Celebrate mom with a beautiful flower paper plate wreath.
- Cupcake liner flower bouquet. You can find heart cupcake liners in store around Valentine. Use them then or Mother’s Day to make a beautiful flower bouquet.
- Paper plate Mother’s Day craft. Mom will love this easy craft made by her young kid.
- Paper plate mom portrait. This is how I looked like in my youngest’s vision. Use egg carton or plastic flowers to decorate the portrait.
paper plate father’s day crafts
Paper plate Father’s Day craft. Dad, I love you to the moon and back! – A footprint craft kids can make for their dads on Father’s Day.
Paper plate 4th of july crafts
Paper plate patriotic craft. Use yarn and our free template to make this beautiful DIY fourth of July decoration.
Tissue paper patriotic flower. A darling flower wreath made with the help of a paper plate. Make it together with your kids.
paper plate halloween crafts
- Paper plate witch craft. Decorate the witch’s hair with plastic beads and flowers.
- Paper plate vampire craft. This vampire isn’t scary. He just needs a haircut!
- Paper plate Halloween wreath. Make a Jack’O’Lantern wreath with your kid’s handprint.
paper plate thanksgiving crafts
- Paper plate and yarn turkey. A simple turkey craft that you can use to decorate for Thanksgiving.
- Paper plate turkey wreath. Decorate the mantel or hung on a doorknob.
- Footprint turkey wreath. Personalize this turkey craft with your kid’s footprint.
- Paper cup turkey. Make a paper plate yarn weaving tail for your turkey.
paper plate christmas crafts
- Paper plate Santa beard. Make Santa’s beard with yarn and trim it.
- Paper plate Santa. Another variation of Santa’s beard craft.
- Paper plate Christmas tree. This paper plate Christmas tree craft gave my kids the opportunity to use a plastic yarn needles for the first time.
- Paper strip Christmas trees. Replace yarn with paper strips.
- Paper plate reindeer. Use a flameless candle for Rudolph’s nose.
- Paper plate Grinch’s heart. The Grinch is a fun character to turn into a craft.
- Paper plate unicorn reindeer. This crafts combines two magical elements, Christmas and unicorns.
More paper plate crafts
Do you need even more paper plate crafts for your kids? Here is a list of evergreen craft ideas.
- Paper plate day and night. An interactive and educational craft for little ones.
- Paper plate pirate ship. This is no ordinary pirate ship, it’s a rocking ship.
- Paper pate Captain America. Make Captain America’s shield with paper plate and tissue paper.
- Paper plate Batman. Help Batman fly over Gotham City and protect it.
Paper plate Minion. An easy Minion craft to go along with the Despicable Me 3 movie.